Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yummy Salsa Recipe

I really love going to a Mexican restaurant and eating all the chips and salsa I can hold. I could go and just eat that easily. Well, what I really love about the restaurant salsa is that it isn't chunky and thick and gross. It is always nice and thin and delicious. I have experimented with salsa recipes before without much luck. They just never taste all that great. Until I ordered a cookbook with a wonderful salsa recipe.




It had the Chili's Salsa recipe and it is so good! It was very easy and super quick.

Salsa

4 teaspoons fresh or canned diced jalapenos *Not pickled* I couldn't find anything but pickled, so fresh it was. I have jalapenos in the garden, so I just used one small one and removed all the seeds so it wouldn't be too hot.

1/4 cup of diced onion

One 14 1/2 oz can of tomatoes and chilies (I had only 10 oz cans so I used one and a half- I had one can of rotel with cilantro and lime so I used that with 1/2 can of regular)

One 14 1/2 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes with juice

3/4 teaspoon garlic salt

1/2 teaspoon cumin

1/4 teaspoon sugar

1. Place jalapenos and onion in the food processor. Pulse for just a few seconds.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until well blended, but not pureed. You want it to still have a little texture.

Serve with your favorite chips!

I had this for supper one night since Jeremy had already had something to eat. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment