Thursday, November 3, 2011

Well, I keep thinking I will get into a groove and have a routine...well not yet. I now have a 7 year old, a newly 5 year old and a 6 week old today.
Lillie Claire is getting a little more used to life on the outside every day. She doesn't have to be held 24/7 anymore. Her upset stomach has resolved itself for the most part. Nursing has gone great. She usually only gets up once a night now. She will fall asleep in the car seat, the swing, sometimes the playpen or the changing table. My only real complaint is that she doesn't want to go to sleep at night like at the normal going to sleep time. I am pretty sure I let her get too tired, but it is hard to put her to bed early when you have older kids running around and when the girls share a room. So I end up nursing her and trying to put her to bed, she goes to sleep for a few minutes, then is back up and we do it all over again. Last night I attempted to let her "cry it out" for a while. She was fed, dry, warm so I let her cry it out in the crib for a while. Well, as soon as we turned off the TV, that wasn't going to work since the girls room is right next door to ours. So I took her to the swing downstairs, I didn't turn it on though. I have a trip to Tennessee in less than two weeks so I am trying to avoid needing a swing, since I won't have one while I am there. She cried for a little while, fell asleep for about 30 minutes, then woke back up around midnight and I went down and fed her again. I put her in the crib and she slept until about 5 am.
In the meantime, I had another kid wake up puking. Joy! I have slept on the couch at least 3 nights in the last 4. I was majorly sick about 2 am Saturday morning. Then Jack was sick Saturday and then Madalynn had it about 2 am this morning. I am holding out hope that Lillie and Jeremy don't get it. I think the big kids are well enough now to go trick-or-treating although the thought did cross my mind to just offer to buy them a bag of candy and call it good. I am sure they would not go for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment