Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another Busy Day

OK, I realize that I am not doing as well at keeping my blog up to date as I had hoped. This has been a busy week!

M has school 3 mornings this week and J goes on Tuesday mornings. This is the first time in about a month that she has had school all 3 days! Hallelujah!! (As I mentioned previously, we have not had good weather lately to say the least.) I didn't know what to do with myself. I thought I spent too much money all those days it was too cold to go outdoors and there was no school. Let's just say I cyber-browsed a lot at Gap, Target, etc. Not so much browsing as buying. I do have some great black (and brown) boots to show for it though!

Well, I thought the cabin fever spending was bad until today when I made a trip south to Hobby Lobby. Not a good choice for my pocket book's sake. I had a long list of places I needed to go in the 4 1/2 hours the kids were at preschool. I dropped them off and started with the place that was the furthest away- Hobby Lobby. I planned to stop in for a few minutes and then move along.

Well, I arrived at 9:30 am and did not leave until.....12:00 pm!!! That is terrible! Do you have any idea how much you can spend in 2 1/2 hours in a beautiful place like that? ALOT! I did however pick up some good stuff for the shelf above my front door, a great idea for a certain 5 year old's birthday, and a lot of half price ribbon. I am majorly feeling a crafty streak lately.

Anyway I spent so long there I had to bust it to get the stops I had to make done. M has a birthday party coming up Saturday so I was out buying her a new outfit for the occasion, plus birthday presents for a couple of her friends that have birthdays the same day and the day after. (By the way what do 5 year old boys like? Power Rangers I hope! )

This has also been the week for Valentine's day parties at school. I got the bright idea to make white chocolate dipped pretzel rods for all the teachers at our preschool at church and M's other preschool teacher. This was all fine and dandy until I figured out how long it took to melt chocolate, wait for the chocolate to cool down enough to actually stay on the pretzels, sprinkle pink, red, and red and white sugar on the ends of each one, place them in the freezer to ensure the chocolate stayed put, remove the first batch only to realize the baggies I had for this project were not long enough, and I didn't have enough pretzels for all the teachers anyway! Another trip back to Wal-Mart, more pretzels, different bags, and about 4 1/2 hours of hard work later, the teachers had a beautiful gift that screams thoughtfulness and too much time spent doing "projects" rather than housework!

Tonight I took it easy. I just did laundry, helped M decorate her Valentine box for tomorrow, hung some ironwork and things on the wall, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, cleaned out J's closet, cooked dinner, baked and decorated cupcakes for M's party tomorrow and updated my blog! And people ask me what I do all day!??!

No comments:

Post a Comment