Monday, January 4, 2010

Mondays...yuck

Well, another Monday morning has arrived. I thoroughly enjoyed the previous 2 Mondays, mainly because I didn't have to get up early. I love to sleep. It is my favorite hobby. One I don't get to do nearly as much of as I would like. Today we went back to our routine. I'm up between 6 and 6:30 am so that I can get a reasonable amount of stuff done before M & J get up at 7:15 so we can get to school on time. Another Monday where I am going to eat less and eat healthier. Another Monday where I am really going to get an exercise routine. Another Monday where I will begin to read my Bible like I should. Well, not too successful .... again. The day is not over, though. Maybe I will do better later today.

Well, it is now Friday. I did do a little better. I signed up for a daily Bible reading email at church and I am caught up! I used the elliptical on Wednesday, did the shred (which always kicks my butt) yesterday, and today did the bowflex and a 20 min pilates tape. I so want to be a person who exercises everyday. Not once and a while, but every day. I try not to focus on how fat I am, but that I just want to be in better shape. I had some pictures made recently and was disgusted with how big my bottom half is. It is sickening! I make it a point to say when asked by the kids why I am exercising, that it is because I need to get into better shape. I am really conscious of my kids, especially my daughter, hearing that I need to lose weight. I don't want her to end up with some warped idea that all women need to be skinny. That simply isn't realistic, or healthy. You need to eat right and exercise, but that doesn't translate into every woman being a size 2.
I remember telling Jeremy right after Madalynn was born that I wanted her to never remember her parents not exercising. I wanted it to be a normal part of our lives. I want her to believe an active lifestyle is expected, a normal part of life.
My parents occasionally took spurts of taking walks, but really never any exercise to amount to anything. I remember being little and encouraging them to get down on the floor and let me help them do sit ups or stretches. How funny!
I have got to do better than I have done up until this point! I am 33 and my metabolisim is getting slower and slower. I have got to at least try.

No comments:

Post a Comment