Thursday, December 23, 2010

We will miss him...

Well, we have returned from doing one Christmas and I am gearing up for another! We left on Sunday morning to go to Tennessee for a couple of days to do our Christmas with the family. Unfortunately, we also had to attend another funeral. I found out Saturday morning that my mother's youngest sister's husband, Johnny Wayne, had a massive heart attack during the early morning hours and had passed away. I was stunned. I know any of us can go at any time, but I was still floored. My aunt never had any kids of her own, although she has two step-children and 2 grandchildren. They weren't a mushy, gushy couple, but I know he loved her so much. He had a great sense of humor, but you often couldn't tell if he was joking or not. He had faults, as we all do, but was a good man.
I am not a big crier in front of people, but I couldn't stop during JW's funeral. I cried and cried and cried! I can't imagine how lonely my aunt will be now. I hate that for her so much. She is a widow and is so young. she was close to my mom and she's been gone for 8 years. Both of her parents are gone. I know she is a tough lady and I hope she makes it OK.
It is especially hard here at Christmas time. So be thankful if you have a husband to hug. Most of us are so lucky to have things as good as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment