Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010 Kentucky Edition

Christmas is over. : ( It is so sad. I thought that this Christmas was one of the best ever and have read this same thought on countless other blogs in the past few days. Maybe everyone cherished what we have more this year, and I don't mean just the things we have. We should all be thankful for our family members, for the jobs we have, for the roof over our heads. We should be thankful that we live in a country where we can attend any church we choose without fear of persecution. Thankful that we have plenty to eat. We are some of the luckiest people in the world, but often it takes some life changing event to make us realize that. Instead of thinking how good we had it before__________. Let's just be thankful now!

On to the Christmas festivities...

I always cook a big meal on Christmas Eve. This year was no exception. I intended to cook a turkey, but got to the store too late in the week to score a bird. So the featured meat was ham. We also had chicken and dressing, sweet potato casserole, bacon wrapped green beans, au gratin potatoes, Mrs. Schubert's rolls, chocolate chip pie, and apple pie. (I have decided to make it my goal of having the meal earlier next year.) We didn't eat until around 7:30 because someone forgot her Site to Store order at Walmart until 5:30 Christmas Eve! So between cooking 8 things that all needed to be cooked in the 1 oven we have and taking a shower, I also had to fit in a quick trip to the Walmarts!
After the meal, we opened the presents from us to the kids.



By the time we did this and everyone played with the toys it was after 9. Time for bed. We were both ready to drop, but Santa had failed to assemble the sweet wooden kitchen the kids got for Christmas. So long story short, we were up until about 1 am.
The kids were up around 7:30 am to see what Santa brought!Everyone was pleased with everything they got. I bought more toys this year than I usually do, but this year I thought more about how they won't be little long.





The rest of Christmas day was pretty quiet. We ate french toast,  leftover breakfast casserole, and bacon for breakfast. The kids cooked many, many meals in their new kitchen. Jeremy and I weren't feeling too good, so we both laid around and napped during the day. He and Jack went out to the farm for a bit that afternoon.
I appear to have developed a nice cold and haven't been out of the house other than to take the garbage out, in 3 days, so I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment