Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Best Day

Now as I begin this, I want to fully acknowledge that my life is good. I have lots of good days. I live in the greatest nation in the world, I can worship where and when I want, and my husband works to allow me to have my dream job. Here it comes...but, I don't have what I call a lot of great days. I mean I guess not many grownups do. After all, regardless of our jobs, we work all day, everyday. We have to clean, cook, and manage our kids activities.
Sunday, May 8, 2011 (Mother's Day) was different. It was a truly great day. It was my best Mother's Day ever and the best day I have had in years I think. The night before my crew went shopping for my Mother's Day gifts. I can see how having bigger kids really improves the results. They went to Tractor Supply and bought me some earrings that I love. That was Jack's shopping location of choice. He had told me earlier in the week that he was going to go shopping for me at Tractor Supply and asked what I wanted. I said maybe something to put in the yard as a decoration. He didn't seem to like that and assured me that he would get me something "shiny". They also visited the floral department at Kroger. Some might snub their nose at flowers from Kroger, but remember in Kentucky a Kroger does the roses for the Kentucky Derby. I don't think they are known for shabby work! ;) I had wanted a corsage for church so bad, but didn't want to come out and ask Jeremy for that. He got me one last year and I loved it. Well, he came through again this year.

They also got me a flower arrangement of lilies. (This may or may not be a plug for Jeremy's little girl name choice.) Both kids had made things at school for me too.

So anyway, I got up Sunday morning and got to open all this loveliness. I cooked pancakes and sausage the morning before and made plenty for leftovers, so I didn't have to cook. The kids and I went to church, came home, ate lunch, and then did our usual nap. Jeremy got home earlier than usual and offered to take us out to dinner for Chinese. Then we went to the farm and Jeremy put Madalynn and I to work bush hogging the paddocks in the front of the farm while he and Jack worked elsewhere. It was fun, although I had never done it before. I didn't tear anything up and only missed a few spots! We all came home, took baths, and fell into  bed. Honestly, I can't really tell you what made it such an awesome day, but it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment