Monday, March 9, 2009

Busy Day

Today was a busy one. We have had a few days of spring like temps and no rain so I have tried to take advantage of it. Especially today.

This morning I actually got up at 6:30 am. I had to set my alarm for 6 so I had time to hit snooze a few times, but I was up by 6:30. I made the bed! Shocking I know. I washed my hair, got dressed, made coffee, put a load of clothes in the dryer and one in the washer and started the dishwasher. I then went upstairs and read my "thought for today" from my Joyce Meyer book and my prayer page from my Stormie Omartian book and said my prayers. I am trying to do better with telling the Lord how thankful I am for all that we have. I have especially been touched lately by how lucky I am to have 2 healthy children. My heart aches for those who can't have kids, who have lost kids, or are sitting in a hospital with a sick child, or worrying over a sick child. God bless you.

Anyway, back to my day. I woke the kids, made eggs and toast, got Madalynn dressed, and we headed off to school. Jack had to wait to get dressed until we got back home, we just ran out of time. We took Madalynn to school and then came back to the house. I sorted through a mountain of recycling, cleaned out the garage and trashed some stuff. By this time it was 10:30. I got Jack dressed and we headed out to do errands. We went to Kroger to drop off some plastic grocery sacks for recycling, and dropped off some stuff at Goodwill. We went to make the storage payment and put the baby bed in the storage building. :( We went to the cleaners, the car wash, Wal-mart (quickly), and picked up some Chinese food for lunch. Picking up the food made me about 5 minutes late for picking Mady up though. :{ Sorry Mrs. Tiffany! We came home ate lunch, took a nap. After the kids woke up they went outside to play and I sorted through some of the kids artwork. I bought some black frames and I had a couple of places I wanted to frame some of their work. I unpacked some boxes that had been in the garage. Can you believe I am still unpacking after moving in December?

After I finished the art project, I rearranged the back porch and swept it off. I put the grill back together (Jeremy!) I swept out the garage again! Please Lord send us grass! I scrubbed the car seat Jack had puked in back in January. What? I was waiting until I could clean it outside and not freeze to death! I then decided to plant some bulbs I had bought back in the fall. I have no idea if they will bloom this year or not. They were sprouting in the package. I don't know that that is a good sign. I planted enough bulbs that I rubbed a blister on my hand. By this time it was almost 8 pm! You can tell the time has changed. I hurried in and started hamburgers and oven fries. Dinner by 8:30. Kids baths, story, brush teeth, and to bed. Hallelujah AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment