Sunday, March 1, 2009

Growing Up




Today Jack took his first nap while wearing "big boy" underwear and he woke up DRY! (Never mind that he later pooped in them.) He is getting so big. It is happening so fast. I finally talked him into wearing underwear all day yesterday. It seems like just yesterday that he was nursing. I miss having a baby in the house. :(









In the last week I took the front off the crib. Then put up the toddler bed and removed the crib completely. (This is the first time we have taken the crib down and not known we would be putting it back up in a few months.)



He really seemed proud sleeping in bed when the front was off the crib, but when we switched to the toddler bed, that was a different story. I would have kept using the crib, but I couldn't figure out how to make it into a toddler bed. I know it converts to one but I am sure the instruction book is long since gone. Plus after moving it 4 times, I know we probably don't have all the bolts.



The first couple of days he really didn't like sleeping in the toddler bed. He really doesn't like it much better now! He does it without as much of a fight though.




I was looking yesterday on Etsy and all the cute little baby girl things. Kelly at http://kellyskornerblog.com/ has really made me miss having a baby girl. There just isn't as much to choose from for 5 year old girls and 2 year old boys. I think I want one more baby and even then I think I will be terribly sad that it is our last. I just hate to think that the part of my life I dreamed of all my life, is over. I know there will be great times to come with school age children but it is still hard.



I think we will probably have one more though. I have told myself that I have to lose weight and get in better shape before I do. If I gained baby weight on top of the baby weight I haven't lost from #2, I would weigh 200 lbs! I can't let myself do that. (Jeremy up until this point hasn't really wanted a third, but the other day Jack was doing something cute and he said "I'm about ready to have another". I couldn't believe my ears, but when I asked him to repeat what he had said, he said "Nothing."



Oh, well I know I can wear him down. I am not ready now anyway. I want Jack to be a little older. Madalynn and Jack are 2 years 8 months apart and get along great for the most part, but I want a little more space between #2 and (hopefully) #3. We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment