Saturday, August 13, 2011

Jeremy's Father's Day 2011

I know this is really late, but that's how I usually do things.
I had the idea of what I wanted to do for Jeremy for Father's Day months before the day, I just am not so good at the follow through. I had saved many of his old rodeo/ horse show t-shirts from his high school and college days for years. I had even looked up how to make the t-shirt quilt  and bought the other materials I would need. I (back when I first thought of doing this) was going to attempt to make a quilt out of them myself. Well, many years and two - almost three kids later I came to my senses and realized that would never happen. Even if it did, I was sure the results would not be up to my perfectionist standards.
I had seen an advertisement for Campus Quilts in the back of a magazine. They had been featured on several news and talk shows like the Today show and Rachel Ray's show. So I figured they did quality work and it wouldn't be some type of scam. I contacted them and got a packet of information the week before Father's Day. I picked all the shirts I wanted to use and figured out the size quilt I needed.

I got them all laid out and figured out what color backing and sashing I needed and sent it all off.
I got it back a couple of weeks after Father's Day, but unfortunately he is used to that. I think he really appreciated it. We now keep it on our bed. I had a quilt that my grandmother made on there, but I really needed to take it off and preserve it for the kiddos when I am dead and gone.
I think it turned out so well! I am very happy with the quality and look of the quilt. Now we can look at it and reminisce about the good old days!
I did order him a Reese's Peanut Butter Blizzard cake and we met him for lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse on the actual day of Father's Day. Plus he wanted a post hole digger for his tractor and he ordered that and I went and picked it up a few weeks before Father's Day, so he wasn't too deprived!

No comments:

Post a Comment