Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankfulness Day 10

On a lighter note today, I am going to write about my two favorite modern conveniences. I am thankful for both.
Favorite #1    Indoor plumbing- I love it. I know being a woman, it really makes my life easier and more enjoyable. I love not having to trek out into the back 40 to do my business several times a day. I love being able to wash my hands or dishes or clothes anytime I want without pumping or pulling up water from a well. That doesn't sound so bad, but think about having to do all that just to wash your hands when it is 20 degrees outside. Think about having to bundle up, to take a toddler out to potty in the middle of the night. On a related note, I am thankful that we don't have to use the Sears-Roebuck catalogue anymore, if you know what I mean.
Favorite modern convenience #2 - Air Conditioning  Don't get me wrong, I like to be warm in the winter too. It is just that I hate to be hot worse. You can put on more clothes, it is frowned upon if you walk around naked all day. Since I had my kids, I am extremely hot natured. Like I need strong deodorant and refrain from raising my arms if wearing a sleeveless shirt, hot natured! I wasn't like this until I had babies. Now three babies later, I barely need a coat in the winter. I never use the heated seats that my suburban is equipped with because I would roast! We don't even live in the south, (Central- which is really northern Kentucky, is not the real south) and I can't imagine how bad it would be to not have air-conditioning!  Actually, I can since I was around 8 or 9 when my grandparents finally got AC.
Thank you Lord for giving man the brains to come up with these two wonderful discoveries! I am very thankful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment