Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankfulness Day 8

Trying to get caught up today!
Day 8
Today I am thankful for my sweet, kind hearted, well behaved children. I have already mentioned that I am thankful for my kids, today I am thankful for their personalities, souls, behavior. I'm not sure how to describe it. I would likely love them just as much if they were holy terrors, but I am thankful that isn't the case.
They are so much more than I deserve! I believe in discipline, but that is only half of it. It is a lot of luck too. They are just so pure and innocent right  now. I wish I could keep it this way. They really don't ever do anything to be mean, or hurtful and have a hard time understanding when others do. They are the kindest little people I have ever known, and I've known a few. Remember I taught school for 5 years and have numerous nieces and nephews. So I realize not all kids are this way. We always get compliments on how well behaved they are. I encourage this because I have never been someone who likes to be embarrassed. I didn't want to be embarrassed by my students when I was teaching and I certainly don't want to be embarrassed by my own children. The Lord helps me so much with this. I need to take more lessons from them. Like Jesus said, we should become as little children. They love to go to church, although with the addition of LC, we don't attend nearly as often as we should or as I would like. They always think of others and ask others how they are and they genuinely want to know the answers. They both love doing things for others and for the most part want to make others happy always. I am so thankful for the way they are. Lillie Claire, you have a lot to live up to! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment